The following guide will show you how to select the amount of credits you would like to purchase, update your billing details, and choose your preferred payment method.
- All credits purchased are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Kindly note that due to an increase in internet banking fraud, we have implemented a 24 hour waiting period for all first time credit purchases via EFT.
- Should you require the use of your SMS credits urgently and are not able to wait the prescribed amount of time, please email us at [email protected] with a copy of the PDF proof of payment as well your ID document and/or CK documents to speed up the verification process within office hours.
Simply click on "Buy Now" at the top right of your screen and follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Enter Amount
Enter your desired number of credits to purchase and click on "Proceed to Billing", as seen below:
Once you have selected the amount of credits to purchase, the system will give you an order summary of the amount of credits selected, the rate per credit charged, and the total cost, including VAT/GST (if applicable), to the right of your screen.
Step 2: Billing Details
Ensure that your billing details are correct, as this information will appear on your invoices, and click on "Proceed to Payment Method", as seen below:
You only need to setup your billing information once, and the system will save it for all future payments. You can also update your billing details at any time should any information change.
Step 3: Payment Method
Select your preferred method of payment and complete the purchase to the right of your screen under the "Order Summary" section, as seen below:
You can choose to pay with your credit/debit card or Instant EFT (South African accounts only), and if you would like to make a normal EFT (Electronic Transfer) payment or direct deposit, you can select the "Request Invoice" option to generate an invoice from within your account.
EFT (Electronic Transfers) and Direct Deposit Payments
- Kindly note that we cannot load credits for EFT (Electronic Transfers) or Direct Deposit payments if an invoice was not requested from within the account first.
- If you are requesting a quotation for internal approval, you are still required to generate an invoice before we can allocate any credits to an account once the payment is received.
- To ensure authenticity and security, all first-time customer payments will need to be verified before credits will reflect.
- Instant EFT is only available to South African customers.
Updated 8 months ago