The Opt-Out feature is built in to the platform, which allows any customer to Opt-Out from messages received from an account, when they reply with any of the specific Opt-Out phrases. This feature is set by default and does not require any setup.
Simply click on "Sending" on the left-hand control panel menu, select the "Opt-Outs" option and follow these easy steps:
Enter the specific number you are looking for in the "Opt-Out Number Search" section to the right of your screen, and click on "Search". The system will then show you if the number is part of your Opt-Out list, as seen below:
To view the Opt-Out history of a specific number, simply search for the number as per the first step, and select the "View History" option, as seen below:
To add a number(s) to your Opt-Out list, simply select the "+Add Opt-Out" option to the top right of your screen, and choose to either import a single number, or bulk file, as seen below:
To delete a number from your Opt-Out list, simply search for the number as per the first step, and select the "Remove from Opt-Out List" option. You can then specify from which user account's Opt-Out list to remove it, by ticking the relevant box and click on "Remove Opt-Outs, as seen below:
To download a list of all your Opt-Outs, simply click on the "Download List" button to the top-left of your Opt-Outs screen, and choose your preferred file type. The system will then download a list of all your Opt-Outs, as seen below:
- Numbers that are on the accounts' blacklist are automatically removed from the account and can not be added to any group.
- Sending a single message to an opted out number, is not considered as a "Bulk" or "Marketing" related message and will be delivered to the handset.
- The system will accept the following number formats when importing single numbers: 27831234567 / 0831234567 / 831234567
- Before uploading a bulk file to your account's blacklist, ensure that you make use of a CSV or Text file only, and that the numbers are in column A of your document.
- NOTE: The above examples used are based on South African number ranges and the format may differ depending on your country prefix.
- If a recipient replies to a message received from an account with the following phrases as example, they will automatically be removed from the account:
Opt-Out / Remove / Unsubscribe / Stop / Spam / Quit / Delete / Any Profanity
Updated 3 months ago